HRSA Links to Other Sites
Included here are only sites that have particular relevance to our members. There are many sites relating to radio collecting and those of specialist interest can usually be found with a search engine.
HRSA Members' web sites
Members should contact the webmaster to have their site included here.
- Glenn Baddeley website has good valve reference links.
- Greg Whiter web article covering the early history of electricity and radio up to the broadcast era.
- Ian McLean web page - Specialist Collins gear site.
- Ian O'Toole "Kurrajong Radio Museum". Has many data pages covering descriptions, circuits and photos, largely of Australian and overseas military radios, though the actual museum covers a much wider field.
- Kevin Chant web site - a mine of information with circuits, pictures, parts etc
- Kevin Poulter web page.
- Phil Storr valve radio website
- Mike Melzer Mike's Radios and Electronics web site.
- Rays Robinson & Poularas shared site with a huge amount of information about, and the restoration of, mainly military and commercial radios.
Rest of the World
Vintage Radio parts suppliers
The HRSA has no commercial interest in the following companies.
They are only listed here to help those interested to find parts etc.
- Antique Radio Grill Cloth (USA) 40 different patterns.
Electronic Valve and Tube Company
PO Box 266, Rosewood, QLD 4340
Phone +61 (0)7 5467 9568
Fax +61 (0)7 5467 9696
- Nostalgic Wireless Company
Pre 1970 car radios restored, vibrator type converted to transistor, 6 to 12 volt conversions. Valve Radio repairs, restored radios for sale, AM to AM/FM conversions.
Nostalgic Wireless Company
69B Korong Rd, West Heidelberg, Vic., 3081
Phone (03) 03 9544 2083
- Rock-Sea Enterprises (USA)
Manufacturers of Decals and Dial Scales.
323-110 East Matilija Street
Ojai, CA 93023
Phone: (1) 805 646-7362
- Vintage Components (UK)
On-line vintage component store
with over one thousand radio and audio restoration products and spare parts
from the 1920's to the 1980's including valves, high voltage capacitors,
transformers, transmitter, radio kit, transistors, crystal set spares
(original and reproduction), and downloadable circuit diagrams.
- IF Transformer Repair Kit
- 1930's Dial Cord
- Cat's Whiskers and Galena
- Dog Bone Resistors
- Grid Leak Assemblies
- Valves and Tubes from 1920's onwards
Yahoo email discussion groups
These groups are a useful source of technical information and exchanging views on radio collecting matters.
Links to sites
- Mike's Electric Stuff. Quirky site covering glass electronics, high voltage stuff and odd projects.
- Boat Anchor Manual Archive (BAMA)
Huge number of free manuals for downloading, mainly ham, military & commercial radios, US made, but many others.
- Wireless Set 19 Group
A large quantity of free manuals for downloading covering military radios, mainly UK but some AUS, NZ and US. Good quality scans but their password mechanism is bit of a nuisance.
- Silicon Chip
Australia's only electronics magazine. There is a list of all the Vintage Radio articles from Silicon Chip on our site here.
- "The Restoration of Valved HF Communications Receivers".
For those interested in restoring old radios, you can view and download a copy of Chris Parry's excellent book from this site. Although covering communications receivers, much of the information is relevant to all types of sets. Latest edition published on 21/9/2011. And its free.
Back to Top or
Go to Home page.
Page maintained by Ron Soutter.
Created: 12/6/08 Updated: 28/08/2017